Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Woodland Village

     Tuesday, June 13, 2023: For a change of pace from seeing small museums in Sea Isle City and Avalon, New Jersey, I headed toward another place in Cape May County, north on Route 9: Woodland Village, 1943 Route 9, Clermont (609-624-1350). Here in a quaint-looking setting of some lovely landscaping of trees, plants, flowers, and brick walkways, I noticed over a dozen or more shops in different small cottage-styled buildings painted in some very bright colors! Each store sold different merchandise: clothing & accessories for men, women, and children; toys; and items for pets; as well as candles & soaps; an art gallery displaying and selling art by local artists; a travel agency; and places selling edible things. Included in all this was a place where I had lunch that sold sandwiches, bagels, baked goods, and candy (sweets). I ate upstairs in their small dining room, and the décor on the walls and shelves reminded me of my childhood because I saw pictures and items from the 1950s and ‘60s. Meanwhile, the food proved to be good, and afterward, I walked around this village that looked like it was bigger than Village on High in Millville, NJ, but smaller than Smithville in Atlantic County, NJ. Overall, it will only take an hour or two to see this place and have something to eat here, but it’s only a short drive from the shore resorts in Cape May County.    

No comments:

Post a Comment