Saturday, October 9, 2021

Plainsboro Preserve

      Saturday, October 9, 2021: After seeing Cranbury, New Jersey, and while I was still in Middlesex County, we drove a few miles over to the Plainsboro Preserve, 80 Scotts Corner Road, Plainsboro (609-897-9400). This preserve contained around five miles of trails and has been home to over 150 species of birds, over ten kinds of rare plants, and other flora & fauna. When I was there, I visited their environmental center first and saw two creatures in tanks: a box turtle and a corn snake. In the library with its collection of nature books, I also looked at displays of taxidermy birds and a few mammals as well as wood-carved birds. A conference room in the back exhibited photos of birds and insects. Meanwhile throughout the building, pictures and texts helped explain the surrounding area better. Outside, I walked through some of the grounds and glanced at Lake McCormack. All in all, I received a touch of nature! This also completed my places to visit in both Middlesex County and the Gateway counties of NJ. 

1 comment:

  1. For more information about Middlesex County, New Jersey, contact the following source: Middlesex County Regional Chamber of Commerce, 109 Church Street, New Brunswick (732-745-8090 or www.mcrcc.org).

    ReplyDelete