Sunday, June 4, 2023

Haddon Heights Farmers' Market

     Sunday, June 3, 2023: As I said in an earlier article: If there was a farmers’ market in the area, I would find it, and I found another one in Camden County, New Jersey: Haddon Heights Farmers’ Market, along East Atlantic Avenue near Station Avenue (856-261-2943). Unlike the farmers’ market in Merchantville, NJ, however, Haddon Heights Farmers’ Market had more vendors selling food, especially produce. Here, I noticed about one-quarter to about one-third of the over 30-some vendors sold produce that included plenty of fresh and colorful fruits & vegetables. Others sold baked goods, beverages, and herbs & spices, as well as pasta, nuts, jams, soups, and other edible stuff. I also viewed some vendors who sold non-edible merchandise: fine & decorative art, jewelry, candles, soaps, etc. Meanwhile, some local musicians, at one end of the street, played mostly folk and country music. For my part, I was happy to find some produce that I couldn’t find in a few different supermarkets near me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment