Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tyler Arboretum

      Tuesday, April 18, 2023: For the first time in four years, I had taken more than one trip to Pennsylvania within a year. Therefore, I decided to visit a certain attraction in Delaware County, PA: the Tyler Arboretum, 515 Painter Road, Media (610-566-9134). (The last PA trip was a month ago to the Wings of Freedom Aviation Museum in Horsham.) After I arrived on this 650 acres of plants, trees, and gardens, as well as hiking trails, some buildings, and other attractions, I had forgotten about the elevation—especially on hilly grounds! Soon I was getting tired and a bit out of breath. Nevertheless, the colorful flowers in bloom and the woodlands made it worthwhile. Later, I rested as I ate a picnic lunch. Afterward, I once again walked the grounds, but on the second walk, I took my time and walked slowly. Among the walks that impressed me the most was the Story Walk with its views of some interesting buildings in amongst the landscape and trees, and a produce garden. The other impressive walk was the Native Woodland Walk where I imagined that much of PA might have looked to William Penn. Another area included the Scenic Loop that displayed its share of attractions, including the large rhododendron garden, a maze, meadows, and other things to see, both natural and human made. Overall, I would suggest you wear your most comfortable walking shoes, hold onto the map of this place because they don’t have too many signs, and most of all: take it slowly, especially if you live closer to sea level.   

No comments:

Post a Comment