Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Red Bank

     Tuesday, June 28, 2022: There have been a lot of antique districts in several towns in New Jersey, and I have seen many of them along with different antique stores. Recently, I visited one of the largest antique stores in a Monmouth County town with one of the largest antique districts: Antique Center of Red Bank, 226 West Front Street, Red Bank (732-842-3393). Starting in 1964 with 12 dealers, this store has grown to having over 100 dealers in two buildings! On two floors in the big red building, I didn’t know where to look first. Nevertheless, I did browse in aisle after aisle on both floors. It would take a book to list the categories of items in antiques and collectibles for sale here, but I felt as though I were looking through decorative arts in a museum—except that this art was for sale. While it took me a long time to browse, in the end, I did buy a few things. Meanwhile, the town of Red Bank also has had plenty of other retail stores, besides antique stores, for shopping. One of the most famous stores was Jay & Silent Bob’s Secret Stash comic book store as seen on the TV show Comic Book Men. This town also has had its share of restaurants and nightlife, especially the Count Basie Theater, named after one of its famous former residents, William “Count” Basie. Throughout the year, Red Bank presented many special events for the whole family. Although I only visited there for a short time, Red Bank included enough things to see and do for several days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment