Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Keansburg Amusement Park

     Tuesday, June 28, 2022: After being in Red Bank, New Jersey earlier on this day, I arrived at another Monmouth County town: Keansburg. In fact, I visited the attraction that gave the town its renaming (in 1917), the Keansburg Amusement Park, 275 Beachway Avenue, Keansburg (732-495-1400). This has been one of NJ’s oldest (1904) and northern-most sea shore amusement park! Admission to this park along the Raritan Bay was free, and you paid by the tickets to ride the amusements. While I didn’t ride anything here, I did walk along the former boardwalk—nowadays a concrete walkway-and looked around. Along the way, I noticed rides for younger children mostly on the east and west sides of the park closer to Beachway Avenue; in between, were a few thrill rides, three large arcades, and carnival-styled games. On the side closer to the beach, I saw more rides for young children, some more carnival games, and a few smaller arcades, as well as several thrill rides for older children and adults, and several food concessions. At the end of the park I glanced at two go-kart tracks: one for young children and one for adults. Of course, this park would not be complete without more food concessions in different areas here and other attractions such as a park store, batting cages, face painter, fishing pier, and even a cool zone for sitting and taking a break in a shaded area. Then there has been the free beach nearby. In addition to this park, across Beachway Avenue has been a water park called Runaway Rapids with the usual water rides that one could find: several water slides, inner tube rides, a pool, and an area to get sprayed with water. Anyway, I enjoyed walking around this amusement park and sometimes taking a break while I people watched and snacked. I also had people tell me that on a clear day, you could see the skyline of NYC from the beach. (It was cloudy for most of the day that I was there.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment