Friday, March 11, 2022

Cawman's Mall

      Friday, March 11, 2022: On my final stop on this date in Salem County, New Jersey, I stopped at a place that looked small on the outside, but once inside, it proved to be bigger: Cawman’s Antiques & Things, 529 Route 49, Quinton Township (856-935-0423). When I visited a country store earlier that day, I said, “If you are not careful, you might buy something!” At this antique and collectable store, I was pretty sure you would buy something here. This place contained rows and rows of displays of antiques and collectables or items that were over 100 years old to other merchandise that may have you saying, “I once had that. Or my parents owned that.” This was a consignment store where different dealers placed their merchandise, and Cawman’s sold it for them. Some dealers decorated their spaces like museum exhibit areas and others looked like the dealers dumped their stuff in their own spaces. Some of the stuff sold here ranged from furniture, clothes, accessories, glassware, pottery, textiles, jewelry, records, DVDs, VHS tapes, CDs, books, magazines, etc. Whew! (I bought a book here for $3 that was originally $30.) Somebody told me that this store has been voted several times as the best consignment store in Salem County, and I could see why. They have been in business for over 25 years; so they must be doing something right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment