Sunday, June 27, 2021

Scotland Run Park

      Sunday, June 27, 2021: I had nature on my mind as I headed toward this destination: Scotland Run Park, 980 Academy Street, Clayton, New Jersey (Gloucester County) (856-881-0845). As soon as I arrived, I entered the nature center! In this small, one-room, mini museum covering the flora & fauna of the area, I saw one wall that showed five display tanks of reptiles, amphibians, and insects, as well as a showcase exhibiting human-made items in glassware, pottery, and metal pieces that go back to the last few centuries. Along the other side of this room, I looked at bones from different animals—especially deer, taxidermy animals & birds, and cases displaying butterflies, moths, & insects. In addition, pictures and texts explained more about the natural attractions around the area. As for the rest of the park, along the lake, the public could rent canoes and kayaks, launch their own boats on this lake, fish, and walk the trails. There was also a playground for children, a picnic area with grills, and nearby pavilions. I also noticed some people paddle boarding on the lake, but many people just relaxed and sat by the picnic tables. This was one of those places where you could be as active or relaxing as you want.   

No comments:

Post a Comment