Saturday, July 8, 2023

Collingswood Farmers' Market

      Saturday, July 8, 2023: Collingswood, Camden County, New Jersey has been very familiar to me because my parents used to take me shopping here once in a while when I was a child, and for a few years in the 1980s, I lived in Collingswood. Nowadays, every so often, I liked walking around this downtown along Haddon Avenue. This part of Haddon Avenue included a lively shopping district, and Collingswood also has had its share of culture, nightlife, and special events year round. One of those special events happened rain or shine on Saturdays from May through November: Collingswood Farmers’ Market, along Atlantic Avenue from Collings Avenue to Irwin Avenue (856-701-0358). When I was there, I saw close to 50 vendors selling many kinds of foods, especially produce. Most of it grew on local farms, but for some of the foods, the local farmers imported it from other areas. (You try growing tropical fruit in NJ’s climate!) In addition, other vendors sold baked goods, dairy, and meats, as well as pastas, herbs & spices, and some non-edible merchandise. I even found some produce that I couldn’t find in my local supermarkets. Meanwhile, I heard a local band playing at one end on the market. Overall, it all looked colorful and fresh, and if you planned to be in this area, check it out for yourself.    

No comments:

Post a Comment