Thursday, March 16, 2023

Greater Bridgeton Amish Market

      Thursday, March 16, 2023: Maybe seeing a sports museum earlier that day got me in the mood for food. Nevertheless, I found a bit of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, in Cumberland County, New Jersey: the Greater Bridgeton Amish Market, 2 Cassidy Court, Bridgeton (856-497-9810). I would not recommend walking through here on an empty stomach because you would most likely end up buying more than you intended! With around a dozen vendors, and most of them selling food, I’d suggest eating first, and then walking and browsing & buying. As for the eating part, you have a choice of the full-service restaurant there, or buying something to eat from some of the food vendors and eating at the tables around the market. Among the foods sold here, I noticed produce, candy, and cheese, as well as baked goods, deli, wine, barbeque, soft pretzels, etc. The few non-food vendors were selling crafts, furniture, and outside structures of sheds, outdoor furniture, swing sets, and so forth. (Yes, there are some Amish working here.) I found most of the people friendly and the prices moderate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment