Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Gloucester Premium Outlets

      Wednesday, March 1, 2023: I celebrated my birthday by visiting the Gloucester Premium Outlets, 100 Premium Outlets Drive, Blackwood (Camden County), New Jersey (856-302-0878). Back in December 2022, I visited the Jackson Premium Outlets in Ocean County, NJ, and I noticed many similar stores at the Gloucester Premium Outlets, but I wasn’t surprised because Simon Property owned both places. (Simon Property owns over 70 malls and outlets across the USA.) The main differences between the two outlet centers were in the layout. Whereas the Jackson Outlets had a roughly, u-shaped, strip-mall shopping center look with the parking lots in the center, the designers made the Gloucester Outlets in the shape of an outdoor mall with the parking lots surrounding the shopping center. Other than that, Gloucester Outlets stores offered “discounts” from 25% to 65%. If you had read what I wrote about the Jackson Outlets on this blog, you would have known what I had to say about shopping for clothes in outlet stores. (In a nutshell, about 80% of clothing for sale in outlets has been made in factories just for selling in the outlets—despite the designer label. The workmanship will not be as good as the same designer-label clothes made for department stores or boutiques.) Nevertheless, as long as you knew what you were buying, you could find bargains here. In addition to clothes, I also noticed stores selling accessories, household goods, shoes, and so forth. If you are in the area, it is worth a stop!      

No comments:

Post a Comment