Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Island Beach State Park

      Tuesday, December 13, 2022: I took another day trip within Ocean County, New Jersey. This time I spent part of the day at Island Beach State Park, 2401 Central Avenue, Seaside Park (732-793-0506). Many years ago, I visited here, but I only went during the summer and stayed in the swimming area. This time it was off season, and because of that, I didn’t have to pay any admission. Meanwhile in the swimming area, where I picnicked, it seemed as though I had this white sand beach to myself! In addition to the swimming area, I also saw more places at this state park than I had ever seen on my last visit, including the many dunes with its flora & fauna—especially birds. (I read that there are many foxes on this island, but I didn’t see any.) My favorite stop at the nature center proved educational and enlightening. Although the inside of the center was closed for the season, I did look at some outside exhibits and several signs displaying pictures & texts about the nearby animal life, both on land and in the ocean, and more about the plant life around here. Overall, for this time of year, it proved to be a relaxing place to spend a few hours.      

No comments:

Post a Comment