Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Where I Grew Up

Just a quick note: Some people wrote to me asking where I lived during my childhood because I belong to groups on Facebook focusing on different small towns in Southern New Jersey. To set the record straight, I was born in a hospital in Audubon, NJ. I grew up in Clementon, NJ, but I also think of myself as growing up in Lindenwold too because the street I lived on in Clementon, Chews Landing Road, covered both towns. I was on the Clementon side, but Lindenwold was on the other side of the street, and a few blocks down the same side of the street where I lived was in Lindenwold as well. That's why I read and sometimes add imput to both the Clementon and Lindenwold FB pages. I had childhood friends from both towns, and the only difference was that my Clementon friends went to school with me, and my Lindenwold friends went to another school. (At least in fifth and sixth grades. During first through fourth grades, I went to St. Lawrence RC School. From seventh grade on, we all went to Overbrook Jr. & Sr. High. And a few of my friends went to Camden County College but not at the same time or same classes as me.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment