Thursday, May 5, 2022

Trenton Farmers' Market

     Thursday, May 5, 2022: I liked farmers’ markets, and on the above date, I visited New Jersey’s oldest farmers’ market (since 1939): Trenton Farmers’ Market, 960 Spruce Street, Lawrence Township (near Ewing Township) (609-695-2998). Although I have been to bigger farmers’ markets, such as Berlin, Columbus, Williamstown, and Englishtown, this market contained over 40 vendors who mostly sold food, especially produce. Many of these vendors were from local farms, and in addition, they and other vendors also had other foods for sale: meats, baked goods, dairy, and so forth. In addition, I noticed a few non-food merchants selling clothes, accessories, jewelry, home goods, cosmetics, soaps, etc. Most of the vendors were friendly, and I found some items, both edible and non-edible, that I haven’t seen in my local stores lately!   

No comments:

Post a Comment