Monday, August 2, 2021

Woodford

     Monday, August 2, 2021: Giving nature a try, I visited Woodford-Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge, 4 Sawmill Road, Medford (Burlington County), New Jersey (856-983-3329). Starting with the nature center, I looked at some displays of cases containing reptiles: snakes and turtles. Other displays exhibited animal bones, fur, and feathers, as well as a video about this area and a play room where children could handle animal parts, plants, and other objects, especially similar items used by the local Native Americans: the Lenni-Lenapes. There were also childrens’ books about nature and about the original natives. I mainly came to see the wildlife housing area. After I crossed a foot bridge, I saw cages of many kinds of birds, especially predator birds, and some mammals: skunks, raccoons, squirrels, and deer. Nearby were some hiking trails and a picnic area. All of this in a lovely woodland background!   

No comments:

Post a Comment