Saturday, August 8, 2009

Connecticut Hall 2009

     Saturday, August 8, 2009: Last year, I could say that I've been to Harvard, and this year, I could say the same for Yale. Of course, to tell the truth, I only visited both places. On the date above, I arrived in New Haven, Connecticut, headed toward the oldest building on campus, the 1752 Connecticut Hall, and took pictures of it. Next, I spent the rest of the day in two nearby museums: the Yale University Art Gallery and the Yale Center of British Art, 1080 Chapel St. at High St. (203-436-3429). The first of these mid-sized art museums showed different mediums of art from around the world: paintings, drawings, and sculptures as well as furniture, coins, and other items dating from ancient times to the present, on five levels. Afterward, the second museum contained the largest collection of British art outside of the United Kingdom. Here, I noticed paintings, sculptures, and other mediums going back to the 16th century and up to the current times, on two levels. The themes for the artworks ranged from portraits, landscapes, and seascapes as well as sporting themes, still life, and other subjects. This made for an interesting day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment