Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Carnival Of Collectables

      Wednesday, July 12, 2023: A few years ago, I visited Carnival of Collectables, 368 Berlin-Cross Keys Road, Suite B, Sicklerville, Camden County, New Jersey (856-545-3187). Back then, this store in a warehouse had shelves of collectable items. Since then, this place has won awards as the best of Southern NJ by the readers of the Courier Post for six years as the best antique shop and best consignment/resale shop. Therefore, I had to see this place again. In these 12,000 square feet that contained over 130 vendors, I saw quite a change from the last time. Here I noticed antiques and collectables in a much better presentation. Each vendor had decorated his or her space to look more like individual rooms. I’ve said this about other antique malls before, but it has been especially true about this place: “It reminded me of a decorative arts museum, except that this art was for sale!” The merchandise dated from the 1800s into the 1980s and included some of the following items: fine arts, decorative arts, and furniture, as well as clothing, toys, household goods, books, jewelry, vinyl records, CDs, video tapes, DVDs, games, holiday decorations, lunch kits, etc. During certain times of the year, they played host to special events. Believe me, I am sure you will find something to buy here, and you will also spend much time browsing in these many isles as well. (Being a science fiction [SF] fan, I found some SF items, especially about Star Trek and Star Wars.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment